In the years of existence Uganda Woodball Federation has registered a number of achievements amidst all the challenges. Some of these achievements include;
The federation acquired a new home in the year 2013. The spacious and well facilitated offices are located along Balintuma Rd. Mengo.
The Federation installed a woodball equipment production plant at Ndejje University – Luweero. The plant produces the gear which includes mallets, rubber caps, balls and gates. This makes Uganda the supplier of woodball equipment for all African countries.
Show room and Store
The federation in partnership with Ndejje University, setup a store and show room for woodball gear at the federation offices. This serves as a point of sale for woodball equipment to all interested parties. Spreading the game
The federation is making all efforts to spread the game across the country. We successfully held all the 2014 local calendar events, in addition to Masindi, Lyantonde, and Buikwe teachers’ Woodball training workshops.
The game is played at major sporting event in Uganda and the Eastern Africa region.
We have fielded players at a number of international events. The most recent being the 4th world university woodball championship 2014 where Uganda’s Adupa Joel worn a Bronze.
In the year 2014 The Federation achieved the following:
- Hosting the President of the Republic of Uganda at the Federation’s Workshop, a very rare opportunity that many federations wish to get
- Consistency in participating at International Championships and performing fairly well. Uganda is the only African Country that challenges the Asian world in Woodball.
- Having Woodball at the Eastern African University Games hosted by Uganda Christian University and recording and increase in the number of Universities that competed.
- We achieved our goal of going regional by having a championship in at least three quarters of the Country.
- Having achieved 100% of our calendar activities is a very big achievement despite the meagre resources.
- Consistency in the ICPAU Annual Seminar, the ‘Kisaakaate’, and BoU Sports Gala.
- The sponsors that have continuously supported the Federation’s operations especially Ndejje University and CPA-Uganda.
- Having a good relationship with the International bodies. This we hope will be used to get more partners who will assist in the growth of the federation ambitions.
- Uganda has continued to be represented in the top 30 IWbF ranked players for the year 2014. Ms Lillian Zawedde was 24th overall after accumulating 97.50 points from India, Korea and China.